Who can join MWMA?
Membership is open to solid waste, recycling, and environmental professionals working for cities, counties, and other local and regional public authorities and agencies. Our members have such diverse job titles as: Solid Waste Services Administrator/Director/Bureau Chief, Director of Public Works, Recyling Manager/Coordinator, Environmental Services Director, or Sanitation Commissioner. (MWMA has a separate category and dues structure for private sector membership, through our Solid Waste Advisory Council.)
How much does it cost to join MWMA?
Public sector membership dues are calculated on a sliding scale, based on your municipality's population. Ever mindful of the budget constraints of our members, we've frozen 2011 dues at 2010 levels.
Two people from my department want to join MWMA. Can we get a discount on the second membership fee?
No need! For one low MWMA membership fee, there's no limit to the number of staff who can participate in MWMA - from your administrative assistant to the Mayor him/herself. And everyone will receive the same member benefits, from our weekly news alerts to discounted registration rates for our annual Fall Summit.
Speaking of which...what are the benefits of MWMA Membership?
We're glad you asked. For your annual MWMA membership, you'll receive an array of benefits, including:
For more information please contact Jubi Headley.
- deeply discounted registration rates for the MWMA Fall Summit, which brings together public sector leaders with private sector executives, to learn about trends and emerging technologies in operational efficiency, recycling, waste-to-energy, and other issues;
- free, interactive, members-only webinars. Each webinar features presentations and discussion by industry experts on some of the industry's hottest topics, such as our recent webinar on extended producer responsibility;
- a complimentary subscription to "Municipal News Headlines," a weekly e-bulletin featuring timely and relevant news from the solid waste industry;
- access to the members-only MWMA listserv, where you can share information and ideas with, and solicit feedback from, hundreds of other municipal solid waste professionals across the country; and
- the opportunity to network with and learn from your peers - public and private sector leaders and professionals throughout the industry.
For information please contact:
Assistant Executive Director,
The U.S. Conference of Mayors
Municipal Waste Management Association